Just came across the first official “Midnight in Paris” behind the scenes production still, via the official Spanish facebook account, with Rachel, Owen Wilson and Woody Allen. We added the still in our gallery, let’s hope more content will be released soon.
Woody Allen recently confirmed in an interview (with a French website) Rachel McAdams will attend Film Festival Cannes 2011 but still isn’t sure about Marion Cotillard and Carla Bruni. Cannes is held from May 11 until May 22 and the film is the opening film so we can expect to see Rachel May 11th. The US release (limited) is May 20th in LA and New York.
Midnight In Paris > Behind the Scenes > 2010: Official Stills
We added the magazine scans of Rachel in the French Première in our gallery, thanks to Camillou. She spoke to the magazine while she was in Paris to promote “Morning Glory“. We tried to translate the interview into english, but since I use my ‘high-school French’ it’s not perfect and loosely translated but it’s a really nice interview and definitely worth the read. She explains the career choices the makes and wants to make, and finding the balance between work and her personal life.
You travel a lot, you are popular, respected in the industry, featured in a big movie like Morning Glory but haven’t become a complete celebrity. Do you think it’s better like that?
It’s hard to find a balance. You have to be present in a effective way, so the public wants to go and see your movies when they come out. You have to create the desire but not extend it so people will get tired of you … It’s really difficult to become an actor who can make a living for themselves by acting. I never wanted to be famous, I never seek for the attention, the public loves the glitter and glamor. In the past, an actor could be successful while maintaining a private life.
This is happening for you, right?
Yes, but for that I force myself not to be socially involved in Hollywood, if I did so I would probably have more work then I wanted. Because if you disappear for a long time from the radar, you get off the radar completely … It’s the balance I mentioned before that I am trying to achieve. And if that means you will never become a actor like Nicole Kidman or Julia Robers I am fine with that. It’s the career that suits me more. I want my privacy.
Read full interview
Magazines > 2011 > April: Premiere (France)
We have a brand new layout for our photo gallery made by the talented Laura of Raspberry Crush Designs, it’s a little bit more spring/summer-ish then our previous layout. Let us know what you think of the layout and if you find any errors. We used outtakes from Rachel’s Marie Claire cover from 2009.
We continue (Part 1) our “Morning Glory” Media Archive additions with new interviews we added recently of Rachel promoting the movie in New York (November 2010), Madrid and Paris (January 2011). With all the promotion it was kind of hard to keep up with all of it, if you still find missing interviews drop us a line.
Morning Glory > Premiere France Interview (Paris)
Morning Glory > Jeanne Wolf Interview (New York)
Morning Glory > Días de cine Interview (Madrid)
Morning Glory > auFeminin Interview (France) (Paris)
We did not expected to do another latest news round-up so soon after our previous one but we have little bits and pieces to share with you after our last update.
• Since “Midnight in Paris” is opening film for Cannes 2011 and the Film Festival is coming closer it’s getting a lot of buzz and name dropping for the cast, which is a good sign of course. The festival held a press conference yesterday to reveal the official competition selection, according to the press kit “Midnight in Paris” is out of the competition so it’s only premiering at the festival. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the Opening of the festival will bring us a Midnight madness on the Croisette to kick off the festivities. Rachel, Owen Wilson, Carla Bruni, Marion Cotillard, and Adrien Brody are expected to attend.
• “Morning Glory” is still opening world wide and opened in France last week. The movie entered the French box office at number #6 this week. The movie itself does pretty good in the box office and already made $26,564,667 outside the US. It’s already available for the US on DVD since early March.
• We reported before Rachel is not listed in the official cast of the upcoming theater project “The Passion” and we said it’s not most likely she will make an appearance like according to local rumors she would. But she was seen during rehearsals yesterday and today and
according to a tweeter she will be in the production. Apparently we misinterpreted the tweet, Rachel only showed up to rehearsals to watch and support Michael Sheen. Read our original post for more information about the project. The event is held in Port Talbot (Wales) during the easter weekend.
As we reported to you before Rachel will be gracing the cover of the upcoming June issue of Elle Magazine (US). Elle send out their survey club and a member of the club was so kind to send us the preview scans. They are currently picking one cover (out of four), so the previews are not the finished cover but it gives us a little sneak preview of the cover and editorial.
We added the four preview covers in our gallery, we absolutely love them. Rachel looks stunning and we can not wait to see the final cover and editorial. Most of the time the new magazine hits news stands around the 10th, so we can expect the final cover around the 10th of May.
Update: Sorry we had to take them down since the cover isn’t yet released, we have to wait another month or so to see the actual cover and by the looks of the previews it’s going to be a good one!
“Mean Girls” co-star Tina Fey, who you also know from SNL and 30Rock, is currently promoting her book Bossypants and gave an interview to NPR. She reveled she learned from Rachel and has high praise for her. If you ever heard the audio commentary of the “Mean Girls” DVD you already knew Tina admired Rachel’s acting ability and personality but it’s pretty awesome she gives this kind of praise.
I will say I learned that [dealing with the camera and sound] lesson from Rachel McAdams. Do you know the actress Rachel McAdams? She was in “Mean Girls,” and she was a real – and is – a real, legit actor and film actor. And that was the first movie that I had ever been on. And I would watch – I would stand with the director sometimes and watch her scenes.
And I would say to the director: Like, that’s really small. Is she doing it? And then watching her on film, watching the dailies, I’m like: Oh, yes, she’s amazing. She’s a film actor. She’s not pushing. And so I kind of learned that lesson from watching her a couple years before.
Read full interview
While we are waiting for the release of “Midnight in Paris” in May we don’t have a big news update for you. But small bits and pieces of news are coming in, so here is a little round-up:
• According to People Rachel and her “Midnight in Paris” co-stars are invited and will appear during the Cannes Film Festival 2011. As you all know the movie is selected as opening film, so it’s most likely they will attend the opening, but usually more press days like a press conference and photocall come with releasing a film at Cannes. Let’s keep our fingers crossed!
The festival’s previously announced Opening Selection, Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris, will bring to Cannes cast members Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen, Owen Wilson, Kathy Bates, Adrien Brody and, it is anticipated, Marion Cotillard, though she is due to give birth at the end of April.
• The tickets for Michael Sheen’s “The Passion” are currently available and the full website is released. We reported before the Welsh media was reporting a possible surprise appearance of Rachel but no other confirmation or hints point to that at the moment. She isn’t listed in the official cast list, so we assume it’s just a rumor.
• We are saving the best news for last: according to Ash Grimes Rachel will grace the cover of Elle Magazine (US) of June 2011. She did a survey for their cover image & all 4 options were Rachel. As you may recall Rachel graced the cover of Elle back in 2007 but it would be amazing if they gave her another cover. We have to wait until the official confirmation, but it would be pretty awesome and good promotion for “Midnight in Paris“.
Update: Just received a tweet from Ash Grimes saying they are currently picking one out of four covers for the magazine. She will be wearing a white jacket or a peachy strapless dress for the cover, can not wait to see the cover and editorial. Self Magazine also reported the magazine cover for Rachel, so it’s safe to say we will see Rachel as Elle Magazine covergirl of June 2011.
We got a tweet from Adventure Club Events yesterday with a link to a video of Rachel during an acting workshop while she was still a teenager. The video can be watched in our Media archive. It’s so great to see a younger Rachel perform, so be sure to watch it it’s worth the watch!
The news is coming in really slowly after the release of “Morning Glory“, the next release is “Midnight in Paris” which is the film opening of Cannes 2011. We hope Rachel will be attending, we are currently working almost daily on new content for the site. You can keep an eye on the ‘Recently Updated Pages‘ in our sidebar, when we finish a whole section we will let you know via a big update.
Other > Rachel McAdams Sears Acting Workshop