This week gave us little bits and pieces of news and we decided to wait and make one update for you with all of them included. Be sure to read the latest press high lights below.
• A few months ago we first reported that the book “The Vow: The Kim and Krickitt Carpenter Story“, on which “The Vow” starring Rachel and Channing Tatum was based, was getting a re-release with the new title “The Vow: The True Events That Inspired The Movie“. The release date was moved to February 10, 2012 – the same day as the movie release. The new cover artwork was also released, they used the same photo as the new poster.
Now available in trade paper with a new chapter and photo insert, The Vow is the true story that inspired the upcoming major motion picture of the same name starring Rachel McAdams (The Notebook), Channing Tatum (Dear John), Sam Neill (Jurassic Park), and Academy Award winner Jessica Lange.
• The untitled Terrence Malick projects remains untitled, the rumored title was “The Burial” but producers Sarah Green and Bill Pohlad recently confirmed this title was false.
“It is not called The Burial. We don’t know what The Burial is. Somebody else attached that name, but there is no movie that we’re working on called The Burial.”
• “Midnight in Paris” is still expanding by getting released in theaters outside the US. Yesterday was the release in Italy and Vogue Italia released their Cannes interview with Rachel, she talks about the movie, fashion and more. Be sure to watch the interview in our media archive and read it in our press archive.
• Entertainment Tonight Canada had a short special on “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” with new (behind the scenes) footage of the movie. They also included an interview with Rachel on set of the movie. Be sure to watch it in our media archive as well.
The Vow > Book Cover: “The Vow: The True Events That Inspired The Movie”
Midnight in Paris > Vogue Italia Cannes Interview
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows > Entertainment Tonight Canada Special
We added the high definition screen captures of the second trailer of “The Vow” and since the international trailer is only slightly different we decided to only add captures of the unseen footage of the international trailer. If you haven’t seen both trailers be sure to watch the trailers in our previous update.
The Vow (2012) > Screencaptures > Trailer #3 (International)
MTV released the second trailer for “The Vow“. We added the trailer to our media archive and you can also see it if you live outside the US. The trailer gives us new footage of the movie and will be attached to “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1“.
The international trailer for “The Vow” was released today. It’s slightly different and a bit shorter but it reveals more unseen footage of the movie. Be sure to watch the international trailer in our media archive as well. We will add high definiton captures of both trailers as soon as we get the HD version.
We also added more production stills, official wallpapers and more that was released via the official website of the move: The-VowMovie.com
The Vow > Official Trailer #2
The Vow > Official Trailer #3 (International Trailer)
The Vow > Production Stills
The Vow > Official Wallpapers
The Vow > Official Facebook Icons
The Vow > Behind the Scenes > 2010: October – With Family Carpenter
With nearly two months away until the release of “The Vow” Sony Pictures released two new production stills of the movie both featuring Rachel and her co-star Channing Tatum. We added both high quality photos in our gallery.
Channing revealed yesterday a second movie trailer for “The Vow” will be released today via Access Hollywood and it will be attached to “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawm Part 1” this weekend. We will update you as soon as the trailer gets released.
Today is also Rachel’s birthday, we have a fun suprise coming up to celebrate later on today.
The Vow > Production Stills
By Lindsey Filed under The Vow Comments Off
Yesterday were the first advanced screenings of “The Vow” in San Francisco, Boston and Dallas. AdvancedScreenings.com posted their review of the movie, you can read it below but be aware of spoilers. The first reactions from the audience can be found over here. “The Vow” will be released February 10, 2012.
The Vow is one of the best romance movies of recent years. It takes your emotions and twists them around while combining typical romcom bs. It’s a chick flick through and through and contains all the elements you love and hate about movies like this. But in the end, it pulls it all together to deliver a truly touching picture with a solid story. Loosely (very loosely) inspired by true events, The Vow tells the story of a marriage forgotten. Imagine waking up after a horrendous car crash to a man claiming to be your husband who you don’t remember even meeting. That’s what happens to Paige and Leo played by the immensely cute Rachel McAdams and buff heartthrob Channing Tatum. “I gotta make my wife fall in love with me again.”
Rachel’s upcoming movie “The Vow” with Channing Tatum, Sam Neill, Scott Speedman and more is recently listed at IMDB as completed and is set to release February 10, 2012. But we have some good news, different theaters are already hosting advanced screenings for the movie next week. According to AdvancedScreenings.com the movie will have advanced screenings in San Francisco (11/8), Chicago (11/9), Boston (11/8) and Dallas (11/8).
The passes for the movies are usually given away by local sponsors. Familiesintheloop.com is giving away free pases via GoFobo for the sceeening in Chicago. All you have to do is enter the following RSVP code: BEAUE6QE at GoFobo for two free pases, but the passes are available on a first-come, first served basis
For more information on the advances screenings of “The Vow” go to AdvancedScreenings.com and click on the city to find out which local sponsors are giving away free pases.
We would love to hear your thoughts on the movie if you are going to attend one of these screenings so be sure to drop us a line when you do. Thanks Nick for the tip!
Update: We decided to keep an eye on the contest for winning tickets for “The Vow” advanced screenings. Be sure to read inside and keep an eye on this post for an overview of all the contests.
We recently came across, what seems to be, a new poster of Rachel’s upcoming movie “The Vow” with Channing Tatum that will be released February 10, 2012. ArtMusicFilm was selling the poster on ebay and they claim they only sell authentic posters, thanks to FeiLongFan for the find!
Update: We added a bigger version of the poster in our gallery and replaced it with the old one.
Movies & Television > The Vow > Posters
By Lindsey Filed under The Vow Comments Off
Rachel and Channing Tatum are starring in the Michael Sucsy directed movie “The Vow“, which will hit theaters February 10, 2012. The movie is based on the story of Kim and Krickitt Carpenter and they (co-)wrote the novel “The Vow: The Kim and Krickitt Carpenter Story” which tells their story.
B&H Publishing Group is releasing an updated version of the book simultaneous to the film’s release. The new title is “The Vow: The True Story Behind the Movie” and it will be released January 15, 2012. We contacted the publisher and got some more information.
The book includes the true story behind the film as well as an updated
chapter that takes the story through the making of the film. There are
photos included as well as new photos, although I cannot say for certain
that there will be shots from the film set. That’s simply not been
determined at this point. The cover of the book will feature the artwork
from the film, which obviously includes Rachel and Channing.
Sounds interesting right? You can already pre-order the book at Amazon.com. We are sure more (additional) information will be released close to the actual release date but we wanted to give you a heads up with the information so far.
News is coming in slowly the past few week(s) since Rachel is done with the promo for “Midnight in Paris” and no official confirmation so far on any possible projects. We do however have some latest news bits for you.
• We came across a brand new on set photo from “The Vow”. (via Fanforum) Rachel’s co-star Dillon Casey posted it on his official twitter account. Rachel is posing with her co-stars Channing Tatum, Sam Neill, Dillon Casey and Jessica McNamee. You can find the preview below and be sure to watch it in our gallery.
• We also came across a brand new outtake from Rachel’s promotional shoot for “Morning Glory”. She looks absolutely stunning, again the preview can be found below and the full outtake in our gallery.
• We reported earlier Rachel is one of the actresses who was testing for the lead in “The Silver Linings Playbook” with director David O Russell and starring Mark Wahlberg as male lead. Today Deadline is reporting that actress Jennifer Lawrence is the front runner for the role which means, if the news is true, Rachel will not be in the movie. Keep in mind nothing is confirmed (yet).
The Vow > Behind the Scenes > 2010: Various
Morning Glory > Promotional Photoshoot
There isn’t much to update you on lately. Rachel is done with promoting “Midnight in Paris” and there is still no confirmation on the ‘in development’ projects like “Luna“, “The Silver Linings Playbook” and “Ecstasia“. But here are some press highlights from this week.
• The first official trailer for “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows” was released yesterday. It aired on Entertainment tonight and was released via Itunes afterwards. You can watch and download the trailer via this link. The official website is also up, with a temporary version. Rachel only has a cameo (small part) in the movie, so we didn’t get any footage of Rachel as Irene Adler in the trailer.
• Scott Speedman recently talked to Movie Web about one of his recent movies, but he also talked a little bit about “The Vow” and his character. We added the quote to our “The Vow” information page.
Can you talk about your character in The Vow at all?
My character in The Vow is I’m Rachel McAdams’ ex-fiancee. She loses her memory in the movie and she can’t remember her current husband, Channing Tatum, but she remembers me, so she goes back to her old life and we kind of spark things up a little bit. It’s a good character, a bit different than the stuff I’ve usually done, which was interesting for me to do. It was great to work with all those people.
• We can also report Rachel does not have a twitter account. Michael Sheen, her “Midnight in Paris” co-star, confirmed himself a few hours ago she doesn’t have a twitter account when someone asked him. You can follow our twitter account @rachelmonline.
• “Midnight in Paris” still goes strong in the US. It’s still in the top 12 after being released in May, and it’s on it’s way to be Woody Allen’s highest-grossing movie ever!
Rounding out the Top 12, Midnight in Paris declined 26 percent to $2.6 million. With a total of $38.6 million, it’s now a lock to pass Hannah and Her Sisters ($40.1 million) to become director Woody Allen’s highest-grossing movie ever.
Page 5 of 7« First«...34567»