We want to remind you that “About Time” is available on DVD/Blu-Ray starting today in the US and since yesterday in the UK. The movie is written and directed by Richard Curtis and Rachel stars alongside Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy, Lydia Wilson, Lindsay Duncan, Margot Robbie and many more. The movie made over $85 million in the box office world wide. Be sure to check out our previous post to find out more about the DVD/Blu-Ray extras. We also finished the movie section in our gallery so be sure to head over to our gallery to check it out. Stay tuned, we have a special “About Time” post coming up later this week!
Rachel is enjoying her time off after wrapping up filming the still Untitled Cameron Crowe Project in Hawaii so there is not much news to update on. We will round-up come news tidbits in this update.
• The Box Office reported that “About Time broke a box office record in South Korea after debuting #1 in the box office. The movie already grossed over 82 million world wide to date according to Box Office Mojo.
South Korean audiences have been falling in love over and over again with About Time. The film became the biggest foreign romantic comedy of all time in South Korea and is Universal’s biggest release of the year in the market with an 18-day $14.2 million cume. About Time finished its third weekend in South Korea in third place with a $2.9 million take from 289 dates. The romantic comedy enjoyed a limited release in Brazil to the tune of $200k from 122 dates to place eigth in the weekend chart. About Time has grossed a total of $59.7 million overseas and $74.9 million worldwide
“About Time” will be released February 3 (UK) and February 4 on DVD/Blu-Ray. The Digital HD US release date is already next week on January 21. The Itunes Extras are the same as the DVD/Blu-Ray ones.
• The Salt Lake Tribute is reporting that Rachel and her co-stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright are expected to attend the Sundance Film Festival premiere of “A Most Wanted Man“. The festival runs from January 16-26 in Park City, Utah. The movie is selected for the premies selection (out of competition) and will have it’s first screening Sunday, January 19.
Rachel McAdams » “About Time,” “The Notebook” » “A Most Wanted Man” (Premieres)
• “Passengers” screenwriter John Spaiths revealed on his official twitter account that will be entirely shot on Sound Stages at Pinewood Studio Berlin, Germany. It was previously reported that the movie is expected to start filming late Feburary/early March but no exact date has been announced. Rachel and Keanu Reeves are currently attached to start and The Weinstein Company set the release to April 3, 2015.
Universal announced the DVD and Blu-Ray release for “About Time“. The UK release date has been set on Monday February 3, 2014 and the US release date is a day later on February 4. Both the DVD and Blu-Ray will have extra features, but the Blu-Ray edition will have 3 additional ones. You can already pre-order it on Amazon.com: DVD, Blu-Ray (UK) + DVD, DVD/Blu-Ray Combo (US).
Bonus Features Available Exclusively on Blu-ray
• About Tim and Time Travel: Questions such as where did the time travel idea come from, what Tim does with this new found power and what effect it has on him are answered. Plus, a brief guide to the mechanics of time travel.
• The Look – Style and Locations: Across many iconic London locations and the delights that Cornwall in the summertime has to offer, gain insight into the visual quality of About Time and the look Richard Curtis decided to give this film.
• The World of Richard Curtis: Explore the sensibilities and aesthetic of Richard Curtis’ films – from the atmosphere on set, to the feel of the films and in particular how About Time fits into his body of work.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
• Deleted Scenes: With Introductions by Director Richard Curtis
• Blooper Reel: Making Movies is a Serious Business
• The “Luckiest” Music: Why Richard Curtis picked Ben Folds’ “The Luckiest” for About Time
• Ellie Goulding “How Long Will I Love You?” Music Video
• Feature Commentary with Director Richard Curtis and Cast Members Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy, Vanessa Kirby, Lydia Wilson and Tom Hollander
The Box Office is reporting that “About Time” topped the South-Korean box office this weekend with 4 million and doubling the opening weekend numbers of Love Actually in the country.
The Hollywood News is reporting that a special final UK screening of “About Time” in theaters will be held next week. You can (pre)oder tickets over here.
THN love an original event and on Sunday 1st December the flicker club will host a unique Finale screening of Richard Curtis’ summer hit ABOUT TIME, with a special personal introduction from the man who brought us FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL, NOTTING HILL and LOVE ACTUALLY. For those special event at Bounce, the home of ping pong, your ticket would included the movie, a rare chat with the director AND ping pong. What more could you possibly need?!
Variety is reporting that Picturehouse and Universal Pictures are hosting special screenings of “About Time” in the UK to raise proceeds for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. You can book your tickets over here.
U.K. movie theater chain Picturehouse and Universal Pictures have linked up to stage a special charity screening in aid of the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
Screenings of Richard Curtis’ sci-fi romantic comedy “About Time,” starring Bill Nighy, Domhnall Gleeson and Rachel McAdams, will be held at 19 Picturehouse theaters in the U.K. on Nov. 23.
We want to remind you that “About Time” is now playing in theaters nationwide in the US. The movie got a limited release last week. We highly recommend everyone to go see this movie. It’s written and directed by Richard Curtis and it’s truly one of the sweetest, most beautiful and heartwarming movies Rachel has been apart of. The international release dates can be found on the official facebook account.
Even more “About Time” interviews were released of Rachel during the Los Angeles press junket over the last few days and we added them all in our media archive. We also added a few new TV spots of the movie, which are all currently airing in the US. Two new production stills are added in our gallery and we also added the social media banners Universal released on the official facebook, instagram, pinterest, twitter, and tumblr account of the movie to promote the release because they feature some unseen stills.
We recommend everyone to watch her SheKnows interview, it’s a more in-depth one and definitely worth the watch! “About Time” is currently playing in selected theaters and will go nationwide this Friday (November 8th) in the US!
Over the last few days a lot of new interviews were released of Rachel during the Los Angeles press junket for “About Time” last Sunday. We added the first batch of released video interviews in our media archive and the text interviews in our press archive. Many thanks to my friends Amanda and Jasmine for helping out.
Rachel confirmed to HitFix and Entertainment Tonight Canada that the recent “Passengers” rumors with Keanu Reeves are true but that the project is still “in the works”/”in talks” so it’s not official yet. Some excerpts of the (text) interviews can be found below:
On Going to Theater school: “It was good for me. I really enjoyed that and I really thrived in that. I finally found a place where I felt like I belonged.”
On comparing “About Time” to “The Time Traveler’s Wife”: “When I read this script, I really didn’t think about Time Traveler’s Wife at all, because that we dealt with very differently. [In About Time], it’s a much lighter touch. [The time travel is] less of an affliction and more of a fantasy.”
On prefering love stories: “I love stories with love in them. I just prefer those films. Every so often, I come across a film where there’s no love story. It doesn’t have to be romantic, but there’s a lack of love, and I don’t get that. I’m like, ‘Something’s missing.'”
“About Time” is currently playing in selected theaters and will go nationwide next week on November 8th in the US. We expect more (video) interview additions later on so keep checking back!
About Time > Last Uploads
Rachel made an appearance on Conan last night to promote “About Time“. The episode was pre-recorded on Monday and aired last night. The full interview can be found in our media archive and we added the HD screen captures and the official episode still in our gallery. Many thanks again to Haylie from Julie Gonzalo Network and Chyler Leigh Network for her donation!
“About Time” is released in selected theaters starting today and will go nationwide next week on November 8th in the US.
Page 1 of 812345...»Last »